Ways to Support Resilience
For answers to your questions about giving, please contact our Director of Development, Amy O’Keeffe, at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what your donations will help provide.
You can make a one-time or monthly gift, or make a gift in honor of or in memory of a Resilience supporter. If you’d like, the honoree’s loved ones will be notified by mail that a gift has been made.
Give By Mail
Resilience accepts donations by cash, check, or credit cards through the mail. Please make checks payable to Resilience and mail to:
Attn: Development Department
180 N. Michigan Ave. Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60601
Many employers offer workplace matching gift programs to support employees’ philanthropic priorities. Contact your Human Resources department to learn more and request an application to send in with your contribution. Resilience will submit completed forms to your employer on your behalf. Please contact us for more information.
It’s easy to make a gift of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds to Resilience and receive tax advantages. Please contact us for more information.
Making a gift through payroll deductions is an easy way to partner with your employer to support Resilience’s mission. Contact your Human Resources Department to learn how to designate Resilience as a recipient of your contributions. Please contact us for more information.
By making a planned gift Resilience, you can extend your commitment to supporting survivors and fighting rape culture beyond your lifetime. Your generosity will be felt for generations to come. If you’d like to designate Resilience as a recipient in your estate plans, please contact us.
Hosting a Fundraiser for Resilience
A great way to show your support for survivors is to host a fundraiser for Resilience! Click here to start your own fundraiser page for Resilience in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM).
Here are some tips for planning a successful fundraiser:
- Set your fundraising goal. Participants are more enthusiastic when they have a concrete goal to work toward.
- Determine your audience. Think about the type of people you can get to attend your fundraiser. Are you targeting your friends and family? Co-workers? Fellow classmates or their parents? The type of event that you hold should be tailored to the types of things this group of people will enjoy doing.
- Decide what the event is going to be. It could be a benefit concert, comedy night, art show, or event where part of the proceeds go to the organization. Get creative! Make sure the event is an “experience.” This means that you make your fundraiser fun to participate in.
- Set a budget. Sometimes, you have to spend money to make money. However, in order to know whether you’ve actually made any money for your charity, you need to establish a budget for your fundraising event. Include the cost of things like the venue, items or services for raffles, food and drink, tickets, and guest speakers or entertainers. You may be able to get services, items, and venues donated by local businesses. Explain to them that you are hosting a fundraising event for your charity and that they can earn community goodwill (and exposure for their business) by donating to your event.
- Contact Resilience. Let Resilience know about your event so we can help with publicity and provide materials and speaker for the event. If you’re interested in hosting a fundraiser with Resilience as the beneficiary, please contact us for more information.
- Get the word out. Contact local news stations see if they will write a story about your event. Use your contact list to have people spread the word via email and social media.
- Throw an amazing event. Make sure you have plenty of time to set up and have rehearsed the program. Above all, have fun with it!
- Donate the proceeds to Resilience. Please contact us to determine the best way to donate to Resilience.
If you are interested in hosting a fundraiser with Resilience as the beneficiary, please contact us.