Resilience has partnered with Legal Aid Chicago, Chicago’s largest provider of free, comprehensive civil legal aid, in an effort to assure survivors have access to civil attorneys who can provide support on legal matters that have arisen from sexual assault. Click here to download the flyer.
FREE ATTORNEY CONSULTATION AT RESILIENCE
4909 W Division St. Suite 407 Chicago, IL 60651
Thursday, February 13, 2020 from 2:00–5:00PM
*An attorney specializing in family law will be joining us*
Click here to download the flyer
We invite those who have been harmed by sexual violence to come to our office to speak with an attorney who can answer questions and provide information and free legal options for:
- Protective orders
- Employment-based sexual violence, retaliation from reporting sexual violence at work or needing time off from sexual violence
- School-based advocacy related to sexual violence effecting access to education
- Immigration assistance for survivors of sexual violence (both documented and undocumented)
- Access to public benefits for survivors of sexual violence
- Assistance filing for crime victim’s compensation from sexual violence
- Housing issues including Safe Housing Act enforcement, safety transfers in federally subsidized housing, and protecting against discrimination and retaliation
Walk-ins are more than welcome! Pre-register by calling 312-423-5900. Please spread the word!
*Note that these appointments are available for civil legal options ONLY. Should you need assistance with law enforcement or with navigating the criminal justice process please contact one of our legal advocates at 312-443-9603.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2018-WL-AX-0012 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.