Resilience has partnered with Legal Assistance Foundation (LAF), Chicago’s largest provider of free, comprehensive civil legal aid, in an effort to assure survivors have access to civil attorneys who can provide support on legal matters that have arisen from sexual assault.
Specifically, we invite those who have been harmed by sexual violence to come to our office located at 180 N Michigan Ave, Ste 600 next Tuesday 2/26 from 1-4pm, to speak with an attorney who can answer questions and provide information and free legal options for:
- Protective orders
- Employment-based sexual violence, retaliation from reporting sexual violence at work or needing time off from sexual violence
- School-based advocacy related to sexual violence effecting access to education
- Immigration assistance for survivors of sexual violence (both documented and undocumented)
- Access to public benefits for survivors of sexual violence
- Assistance filing for crime victim’s compensation from sexual violence
Walk-ins are more than welcome!
*Please note that these appointments are available for civil legal options ONLY. Should you need assistance with law enforcement or with navigating the criminal justice process please contact one of our legal advocates at 312-443-9603.