Resilience has partnered with Legal Aid Chicago, Chicago’s largest provider of free, comprehensive civil legal aid, in an effort to assure survivors have access to civil attorneys who can provide support on legal matters that have arisen from sexual assault.
A Virtual Resilience Event
Monday, May 17, 2021, from 1:00 – 4:00 PM via Zoom
*Attorneys specializing in family law will be joining us*
We invite those who have been harmed by sexual violence to come to this virtual event to speak with attorneys who can answer questions and provide information and free legal options for:
- Protective orders
- Employment-based sexual violence, retaliation from reporting sexual violence at work or needing time off from sexual violence
- School-based advocacy related to sexual violence affecting access to education
- Immigration assistance for survivors of sexual violence (both documented and undocumented)
- Access to public benefits for survivors of sexual violence
- Assistance filing for crime victim’s compensation from sexual violence
- Housing issues including Safe Housing Act enforcement, safety transfers in federally subsidized housing, and protecting against discrimination and retaliation
Walk-ins are more than welcome! Pre-register by emailing email@example.com or calling 312-423-5900. Please spread the word!
*Note that these appointments are available for civil legal options ONLY. Should you need assistance with law enforcement or with navigating the criminal justice process please contact one of our legal advocates at 312-443-9603.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2018-WL-AX-0012 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.