Rape culture ends with prevention education. In our current social climate, where rape myths have a bigger voice than survivors, it is estimated that every 98 seconds a sexual assault happens. One in three women and one in six men experience some form of sexual violence in their lifetime, those who identify as transgender or bisexual face the highest rates of sexual violence, and every 8 minutes a claim of child sexual violence is substantiated. By investing in prevention education, you can help change these statistics. I have no doubt that together we can end rape culture.
Please consider making your online gift to Resilience by clicking here on #GivingTuesday (November 27) to work toward our shared vision. Or, if you would like to make your gift today, please click here.
Resilience, formerly Rape Victim Advocates, is committed to ending rape culture. The past year has exposed the ways sexual violence is embedded in our culture, and has called into question how we deal with the issue. Claims of violence too often go unbelieved, dismissed, minimized, and even normalized. For true impact, it is mission-critical for us to prevent sexual violence from occurring in the first place. One way we do this is by educating youth and the adults responsible for their well-being.
Through our prevention education program we:
- Educate youth on the core pillars of consent (rights over their own bodies)
- Equip teachers and parents with the skills to appropriately respond to disclosures
- Create cultural shifts in the way sexual violence is viewed and responded to
As we continue to provide compassionate care to survivors of sexual violence now, more than ever, we strive to shift cultural norms and end rape culture.
Your tax deductible gift will ensure:
- Nearly 18,000 children, parents, and teachers will learn how to prevent child sexual abuse
- Thousands of law enforcement, healthcare, education, and social service professionals will be trained to prevent violence and stand with survivors
- Over 2,000 survivors have access to advocacy, individual counseling, and support groups, including specialized support through our expanding art therapy program
Please consider making your online gift to Resilience by clicking here on #GivingTuesday to work toward our shared vision. Or, if you would like to make your gift today, please click here.
Wishing you a joyful and safe holiday season,
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Beth Kallmyer, President
Tom Andreeson, Vice President
McKaye Whiteside, Treasurer
Carol Stone, Secretary