Resilience is hosting a virtual summer book club from May 2020 through August 2020. Please see below for more details.
Resilience Summer Book Club
Resilience is continuing to stay connected with the community this summer through our virtual Summer Book Club series. Join us as we come together to discuss topics like sexuality, family, relationships, incarceration, and more through our four chosen titles. Click here to download the series flyer. If you have additional questions, please contact Candice Tindell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us this May as we read and discuss On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous, Ocean Vuong’s debut novel written as a letter from a Vietnamese American son to his mother who cannot read. Click here to register for the May discussion. Click here to read our May discussion questions and recommended further readings.
Wednesday May 27, 2020
On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Normal People by Sally Rooney
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum
Thursday, August 27, 2020
Inside This Place, Not of It: Narratives from Women’s Prisons by Ayelet Waldman and Robin Levi
You can find all participating books at any of these places:
- Haymarket Books
- 57th St. Books (based in Hyde Park and taking online orders)
- Women & Children First (based in Andersonville and taking online orders)
- The Book Table (based in Oak Park and taking online orders)
- Pilsen Community Books (based in Pilsen, taking online orders, and will also give you book recommendations via Instagram DMs!)
- Open Books (based in West Loop and doing curbside pickup)
- Libro.fm (allows you to purchase audio books through your local bookstores)
- Audible.com (free for the first month)