Resilience is hosting a virtual summer book club from May 2020 through August 2020. Please see below for more details.
Resilience Summer Book Club
Resilience is continuing to stay connected with the community this summer through our virtual Summer Book Club series. Join us as we come together to discuss topics like sexuality, family, relationships, incarceration, and more through our four chosen titles. Click here to download the series flyer. If you have additional questions, please contact Candice Tindell at email@example.com.
Join us this June as we read and discuss A Woman Is No Man, Etaf Rum’s story of culture and honor, secrets and betrayals, love and violence. Three generations of Palestinian-American women in contemporary Brooklyn are torn between individual desire and the strict mores of traditional Arab culture in this powerful, heartbreaking, and hopeful debut novel–an emotionally resonant and culturally relevant story of love, secrets, courage, and duty that speaks to the lives and experiences of all women today, giving voice to the silenced and agency to the oppressed.
Wednesday May 27, 2020
On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Normal People by Sally Rooney
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
A Woman Is No Man by Etaf Rum
Thursday, August 27, 2020
Inside This Place, Not of It: Narratives from Women’s Prisons by Ayelet Waldman and Robin Levi
You can find all participating books at any of these places:
- Haymarket Books
- 57th St. Books (based in Hyde Park and taking online orders)
- Women & Children First (based in Andersonville and taking online orders)
- The Book Table (based in Oak Park and taking online orders)
- Pilsen Community Books (based in Pilsen, taking online orders, and will also give you book recommendations via Instagram DMs!)
- Open Books (based in West Loop and doing curbside pickup)
- Libro.fm (allows you to purchase audio books through your local bookstores)
- Audible.com (free for the first month)